Monday, April 25, 2011

A Tornado and a Birthday

So we had this great storm a week or so ago. Pretty small. Little rain. Little hail. LOTS of wind. The boys and I hung out in the covered patio. It ended pretty fast.

Left the covered patio because the sun came out.

Played

Played some more

Splashed in some puddles. About 2 seconds after I took this picture of Wyatt the tornado sirens go off....It was very confusing, it's sunny out, no clouds, the storm had passed about 5 minutes ago....I thought "hmmm. Maybe they are just running a test? Right....after....a....storm...."
No. They wouldn't do that. 2 seconds later we're in the basement and Jim calls from work making sure we're down there because a funnel had been spotted right outside of town. Sawyer was so good. He knew exactly what to do. But I'm afraid I may have scared the crap out of Wyatt running down there...
Ahhhh Kansas weather.


See the big smile on his face? You'll see why when you get to the two last videos...

We had a surprise BBQ for Jims birthday. Had some friends and Elders over. Jim was taking a nap when everyone showed. It was fun to see his face when he came down to see what all the commotion was. Funny thing is I only took this picture the whole time. Ha!
Thanks again Kenneys!



Good thing we have really cool neighbors.


They're playing with the rain gutter shoving things in it and watching them wash out. Silly.

THIS is why Sawyer had a big grin....grandma Jane and grandpa Ed purchased the best Easter present EVER!

Wyatt won't go on it anymore if Sawyer is on it. He's too scary.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Cutest boys ever!! And how awesome are Jane and Ed to get that trampoline? We sure miss you guys.