Monday, November 22, 2010

Sawyer is 3!

WHAT?! Where have the last 3 years gone?! I know all parents say it, but really. How does time just fly by like this?! He's changing and growing just SO FAST!!
My favorite Sawyer moments:
When he wants something, like a movie, or a treat...something we wouldn't normally give him...he walks up to me and says; "kiss mommy! kiss mommy!" So I'll bend down and he'll give me a big kiss then say; "ok. movie?" Or my favorite: "Go to beach now, mommy?" I don't know what it is but the kid is DYING to go to the beach! Jamie and Lisa might be getting a little visit soon. :)
The other day Wyatt was crying and whining, ALL DAY. Finally I told him (Wyatt) I was going to throw him in the garbage if he didn't stop! Instead I just set him in the other room so that Sawyer and I could finish a project in peace. A minute later Wyatt peeks around the corner and Sawyer sees him and starts yelling "Wyatt out of the garbage can mommy!! No no Wyatt! Back in garbage!" So now anytime Wyatt is naughty, "Wyatt go to garbage can!". Oh boy.
Sawyer is my sweet one. He is so loving and gentle and ALWAYS giving hugs and kisses and saying please and thank you. He ran into someone at the store and turned around and looked at them and said, "I sorry!". Whenever I say thank-you to him, or anyone for that matter, he says "you welcome!". Love this kid.
I may have been lazy on the whole party thing. But really. He's 3. He doesn't care. So, death by chocolate cake, ice cream, and some presents. He was a very happy boy.
And yes. He did lick the cake. That is powdered sugar on his chin.


Saying thanks to grandma Jane who got him the coolest musical instrument set!


Wyatt staking claim to the other gifts. Ok. Really he just likes to climb. EVERYTHING.

Just pure little boy happiness. I can't get enough of my kids. I never feel like there are enough hours in the day to do everything I want to with them.


Even when there are moments like this...


My boys love each other. It makes for some VERY entertaining moments. Like this...
Sawyer is a dog. Wyatt, the master. They were doing this for like half hour.



I'm not sure which he liked better. The train, or the fire...


This is my favorite. I didn't realize he even knew what a xylophone was let alone being able to say it. But, he just pulls it out and starts saying "xylophone! Sawyer's xylophone!" And as you can see, he doesn't want to share said xylophone.



Thanks to all who made it such a wonderful birthday for our little man!! As you can see, he had TONS of fun!

4 comments:

Ken said...

Yea!! Great pictures--wish we could be there. "More Fire"--you have a pyro in training. Love you guys.

ugkuyg said...

haha, remember when we used to pretend to be dogs and horses, except you used a rope to tie around my neck? Yeah, that was awesome...

Happy Birthday to Sawyer, i love how he says xylophone :)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer! I miss you your hugs! If you come to my house I will take you to the beach every day...AND we will light fires at the beach :)

Love you!

Alisa said...

He is getting so big, they are so sweet! You should definitely bring them to the beach! Holden would love to play doggie with them too! Those boys are lucky to have SUCH a good mama!