The above picture: Jim got this MASSIVE canvas at an auction for 5 bucks...horribly ugly painting with weird bumpy designs on it, but for 5 bucks I just slapped some paint over it and then gave the boys all sorts of utensils and paints to do as they wished. It is now hanging in the playroom.
Next we have the old sheriff office. Had lots of boxes that needed a purpose, and I needed a jail for my outlaws. Win win.
I believe we have finally had our last snow for the year. Poor boys.
We went to the aquarium a couple weeks ago. Boys LOVED it. But kept asking where Alta and Elle were. And the canoe. Remember that Shalane?
Wyatt was angry because we were leaving the aquarium part and going to the gardens....this place is a smaller version of Thanksgiving point....
Petting farm at the gardens.
Ok. So I sat here with Wyatt for like an hour while Jim and Sawyer went to the Japanese gardens...why is he so facinated? A GIANT mini railroad village. I mean HUGE! And you could push the buttons to make the trains go. So cool.
Lastly they had a kids section in the gardens that we totally overlooked somehow and missed because Wyatt was done....but you would walk under this giant bee and it would start buzzing like crazy.
Ok. Easter. There was a neighborhood egg hunt that the boys had a lot of fun with. Jim and I laughed because in some of the eggs they not only had jellybeans but quarters as well....someone didn't really think that one through. Gross.
And I put both photos because I want to show everyone what a dork Wyatt really is. He acts shy and sweet....Time out for throwing a fit and chucking his basket of eggs at the floor....
Happy 2 seconds later...
Decorating eggs
I wish I got a picture of Sawyer, he was wearing the Peter Pan costume that I made for Wyatt and it's WAY TO SMALL!!! Hilarious. I don't know how we got it on but we had to literally rip it off...sad...
For Jims birthday Sawyer wanted to make his cake. These are his words:
"Mom, we should make daddy a hot air balloon cake."
Me: "Ok. That's a fun idea. But how?"
S: "We could make a basket of cake then go to the dollar store and get a balloon and put it on the cake. Then it will need fire to make it go up."
So here is Sawyers idea come to life. He did pretty much the whole thing. Then the next morning Wyatt comes into our room at like 6 with chocolate FROM HEAD TO TOE!!! Yes. That's my kid. He ate EVERY SINGLE kit kat bar off the cake....
Lastly. Today we went on a train ride to Santa Fe. Just for fun. First real train ride for these two.
Below:
Sawyer holding onto Wyatt so he doesn't go past the yellow line and get run over. When Wyatt wants to hear something better he puts his hand up and cups his ear...really funny...in this case the train.
It was about an hour long ride. They were pretty good considering they are my kids....
And that's the end.
2 comments:
Hooray for you guys! Way to go Jim. It is great to finally see pictures again. You are SO creative. I laughed out loud at the jail! Love you lots and miss you.
Yay! Those cute boys have a fun mom:) Glad to see lots of pictures, miss you guys!
Post a Comment