We moved to Kansas about a month ago and are currently living with Jane (Jims mom). However, Jim just got a job offer yesterday and looks like we'll be taking it! Hooray! So now we just need to find a house. The city we'll be living in is Salina. I'll have to get some pictures, it's a really cute town, pretty good sized and has a great downtown.
Let me just really quickly tell you about our trip out here...what what supposed to be a two day drive turned into about a week and a half. The reason of course being snow. It took us literally ALL DAY to drive what should have taken about 5 hours. That was day one. Day two was very similar. Day three we got trapped in Wolfcreek pass and had to be towed down to Pagosa Springs. Day 4 was looking good, until the Uhaul's brakes caught on fire in the middle of another pass and we had to drive an hour and a half out of our way to get cell service! They towed again and I had had enough hotels...luckily Tinas' friend (more?) lived a couple of hours away in Alburqurece (I can't spell) and his parents offered their home to us...needless to say we took the detour and ended up staying for a couple of days till Uhaul figured out what to do...by the way, we will never use there services again. We finally got back on the road again after a few VERY relaxing days and thank you thank you to Ken and his parents for all they did for us!! Our last day of driving was boring and blessedly uneventful. And there is the very shortened not very dramatic version of our trip. And now, I'm trying to catch up on my blog.
I think we really confused the workers at Sonic...Sawyer just babbled and giggled. Whenever we stopped this was his only form of exersice because it was way to cold and snowy to let him out. Poor kid, he HATES the car now! With a passion.
This dog thought Sawyer was her pup. Jim and I both almost lost a limb when she thought we were hurting Sawyer. I had to drop my camera real fast after I snapped this picture because Sawyer was leaning in to help...gross.
Yes. This is someones house. I can't remember the towns name, but it was one of the towns we got stuck in for a couple of hours while waiting for a tow. The guy that built it was a strong believer in legalizing pot...if you can't see what the sign says: "Alcohol and tobacco are death. Marjane is healing" Awesome.
Here my poor husband and the wonderful State Trooper Brian attempting to put on tire chains while stuck in a blizzard up Wolfcreek Pass. Didn't work. We were up there for almost 3 hours with semis slidding down the mountain at us. We are in the middle of the road by the way.
This is before it got really bad...
Glenn Canyon. I can't remember how long it took us to reach this point. These pictures are obviously out of order. All things considering, Sawyer was wonderful!! I think he understood what stress we all were under and never protested until the hotels...then all hell broke loose.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness Beks, that sounds awful! I'm glad you guys made it! Sawyer is getting huge and looks like he is loving life! Where is your belly?
Finally, pictures! That house is hilarious. And I'm glad you took pictures of the blizzard you drove through, that looks terrible!
I also want to see pregnant pictures. Move to Salina so your cell phone works!!!
I'm glad you are alive! Call when you rejoin civilization!
What a terrible trip! Glad you're all in one piece and that's so great that Jim's already found a job there!
Post a Comment