Sunday, December 5, 2010

If you don't care about crafts...

...read no further.
So I've made an early New Year's resolution this year. And that is to re-use and up-cycle anything and everything I can. I'm always wanting to start all these crafts but need to remember to watch the budget, so I'm trying to use just whatever I have around the house.
Take this wreath for example. I know it's not spectacular...but it was FREE! Yay! I just used the wire from an old laundry hamper and stuff from my Christmas stash and then and old sweater (which I also re-did for Tina's wedding and I'll post pictures of that later)


I had all these ugly dollar store frames just sitting around that I decided to paint. It wasn't enough. So I found some beads and painted them black so I could hang the picture by that...still not enough. SO...I took that same old laundry hamper from above and cut out little circles, burned the edges, and made little flowers! I really like how they turned out and hung them up in the bathroom so that Jim could see his boys every morning before work. Oh. These were free too.



Ok. Last. Our dining room walls (actually all the walls in the house) are still quite bare. I'm slowly getting things up, but again, it takes money. So we were at this second hand shop the other day and I found these really ugly mirrors for 10 dollars. I had to have them.
So I painted these ugly plastic mirrors, and then glazed them...



As you can see...the other walls are still bare. But, I'm getting there! :)

Ok. Enough of that. Here is a video of the boys. They have become the best of friends in the last couple months and I LOVE watching them. They have so much fun together.



5 comments:

DAN AND MEL said...

bekah, why are you so amazing!? i love what you can do! those frames are adorable!!

Denise said...

Bekah, you are amazing. I need you to come to my house and make cool things for me. I probably have so many things you could recycle! I love the mirrors. Darn I miss you!

Jamie said...

I want to be you when I grow up!

And how do you find time to paint with 2 crazy boys??

Alisa said...

Oh for goodness sake! All my sisters are hired to decorate my house! Love those pics of your boys!

Mel said...

I'm so impressed. I especially like the frame ensemble. You can make some stuff for me too.