Friday, July 1, 2011

And Finally!!!

Life has been busy, to say the least. We have been putting off and putting off setting up our office and new computer. THANKS MOM and DAD!! But here we are. I'm using a Mac. This will take some getting used too. First: how to get rid of the line running under my words.....Just some pictures of the last couple weeks...
Sawyers two new favorite things are chewing gum and "going to work" as he puts it. On a daily basis I hear: "I'm going to work mom. I need to make money so I can buy you new shoes." It's not always shoes, but always something for me. He's so sweet.

I have a black thumb. Anytime I try to keep a garden it dies. EVERY TIME. I thought. Hey. Maybe we'll just plant some grass seeds and have a pretty little grassy oasis. Keep it simple right? NO. It didn't even get a chance for me to kill it. It got SO HOT the next day and I guess I didn't keep it wet enough. Thought I did. Seeds BURNED!  
Jamie and Lisa will get a kick out of this. The other day Sawyer comes up to me and says "Mom. I need your sunglasses your towel my beach hat and some water." I'm like "Ok. What for?" He says "I'm going to California. I need to go too the beach." So he precedes to set up a spot outside and then demands the sprinkler on...saying that was the water coming in and out...we really need to make a visit to my sisters.


My son the walking disaster. He is ALWAYS getting hurt. Bad. Deep gashes, nasty bruises and bloody scrapes. Doesn't get it from ME.....cough cough jim....
Oh yeah. We cut his hair. So sad. But it's been WAY to hot. 106 anyone? Plus humidity? Yeah. Welcome to Kansas. Oh. And our air condition broke TWICE this past week. Thank goodness for being renters.

And last but not least....dum dum dum duuuuuuuummmmm! (that's a drum roll)
Sawyer is officially potty trained as of like a month ago...yeah. It's been a while since I updated. He doesn't even wear pull ups to bed! Guess he was just ready. Finally. Here he is next to his potty chart we made. A scene from one of his favorite books called "Toot Toot Zoom!" At every road corner there is a star. When he got to it he got a new book. Which is his favorite thing in the world. When he got to the very last star he got to take 50 dollars to the store (the cost of a box of diapers) and buy any toy he wanted....he got a monster truck. And only spent 25 dollars...yay for us...is it horrible we didn't let him spend the rest?
He's such a big boy.
Now for Wyatt.....

Ok. I'm done for now. I can't figure out how to put on videos. People with Macs.....HELP ME!





3 comments:

Alisa said...

Hooray! I have missed you guys! You SHOULD come to california, Sawyer and Holden could be gum chewing pals:)And beach bums. So glad you updated, congrats on the new computer!

ugkuyg said...

I love Sawyer laying in the sun. I missed you this week!
Call me and I can try to help you put videos on.

pat,lyll,jadyn,maddux,bodey said...

i bet you are so happy he is potty trained. way to go sawyer! im glad you updated. i miss you guys. hope you can still come visit us.